Prerequisite certificate courses in Foundational Linguistics are offered by the Department for applicants who lack the required background in Linguistics.
Certificate in Foundational Linguistics
Certificate courses typically start mid-May and meet until the last week of July.
Classes are five days a week.
For 2024, classes start on May 27 and finish on August 2.
The Linguistics Department offers certificate courses in Articulatory Phonetics, Grammar, and Introductory Linguistics. These courses are designed to give participants the foundational tools in linguistic analysis. For participants wishing to enroll in the M.A. program in Linguistics at Payap University, these courses meet the prerequisite requirement.
- Articulatory Phonetics. Introductory level study of human speech sounds, including recognition, production, and transcription using the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
- Introductory Linguistics. Introductory level study of the basic concepts and subfields related to the study of language.
- Grammar. Introductory level study of basic linguistic analysis of the structure of words and sentences in various languages.
Application Form and Fee
- Email a completed application along with a copy of your passport face page to the address on the application.
- The fee is 7,500 THB (2,500 THB per course) which covers tuition and in-class materials. Please apply by February 10, 2024.